It is that time of year again! The leaves are changing and it is getting chilly outside! This is the best time of year when the holidays start coming and the food starts getting really GOOD! With Halloween right around the corner, give your stomach a couple of days of great meals to make up for the candy induced tummy-ache we are all sure to feel on November 1st!
Chicken pot pie is pretty much a staple in the ‘comfort foods’ department. With its flakey crust and warm gooey inside, its explodes with flavor in your mouth. It tastes even better after having played in the leaves all day, carved pumpkins and drank apple cider…just saying. While it is normally baked as a regular sized pie, why not spice it up a little and go fun sized? Cup cakes aren’t the only delicious treats that come from a muffin tin.
Fun Sized Chicken Pot Pie:
- 2 cups of cooked, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 3/4 cup of fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup of Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup of peas and carrots
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
-Recipe makes 12 servings.
1) Bake boneless chicken breasts at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
2) Once cooked, dice the chicken into bite size pieces.
3) In a large pan, add the chicken, chicken broth and onions. Bring it to a simmer.
4) Once simmering, add the carrots and peas, salt, pepper and thyme.
5) After the carrots and peas have cooked, remove pan from heat and add the cheese. Stir cheese until melted.
6) In a separate bowl, mix the Bisquick baking mix, eggs, and milk.
7) Spray non stick cooking oil in a muffin tin.
8) Fill each muffin slot with 1 tablespoon of baking mix.
9) On top of the baking mix, add 1/4 of the chicken mix.
10) After the chicken mix is added, top it with 1 more tablespoon of baking mix.
11) Bake at 375 for 30 minutes, let cool for a couple of minutes, then enjoy!