I was never one for home-made mac n cheese. This is a food I put total faith in coming straight from a box. I always know how it is going to turn out, and I know I already like it. However, when someone suggested that I put buffalo wing sauce in the recipe, I’ll admit I was a little intrigued.
I do love buffalo wings, and I do like mac n cheese, so I decided to give it a whirl. To be honest, I thought making home-made mac n cheese was difficult, especially making the right cheese mixture. But to my surprise, this was actually really simple! It feeds a lot of people, and I mean a lot, so I would wait for a full house before investing the time to make this. Well actually, if you love left over mac n cheese you should make it anytime! But if you are like me and hate pretty much anything left-over, hold back.
Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese
- 1 lb. pasta
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 oz. Monterey jack cheese
- 1/3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 4-6 tbsp. of butter
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
1) Cook pasta according to package directions.
2) While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a saucepan. Once melted, stir in flour and cook for two minutes.
3) Next add milk, and stir until milk has thickened. Then add both cheeses and buffalo wing sauce.
4) Grease a baking dish, and pour pasta mixed with the cubed chicken in.
5) Pour cheese mixture on top of pasta and chicken.
6) On top of cheese mixture, sprinkle some extra cheese of your choice and add bread crumbs.
7) Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes and enjoy!